Discuss anything about DLC

Postby Keydar » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:59 pm

Keydar
Site Admin

Re: 392

Postby The Great JT » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:59 pm

Story of my tanking career, Keydar. To the point I think I need to run a bug scan...

The Punchmaster. Do Not Question Him.
The Great JT

Postby Teamer » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:58 pm

Eh, sanity is overrated.
How many goblins does it take to change a lightbulb?
Seven. One to replace said lightbulb and six to clean up after the first guy explodes.
Character! http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... mer/simple
Teamer

Postby Arkane5 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:22 pm

Hello everybody,
this is my first message on that forum, although I have been following the comic for more than one year and read all the comics 3 times.
Why do I post only now? I guess it's because I'm lazy...
Well, first I have to say I love this webcomic, and I want to encourage you continuing it. Don't think there are few readers because there are few forum posts, I think a lot of people are lazy as well.

Finally about 392:
I think Krom should consider the queue time as dps before re-speccing, shouldn't he?
Just to be picky ( :twisted: ), I wanted to point at the fact that the moon (guild sign ?) on the two retard players changes orientation sometimes.

If anytime you consider translating the comic to French, I might give it a go (although I wonder how to translate the joke on rouge/rogue, and stuff like that).
Last edited by Arkane5 on Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arkane5

Postby Varric » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:13 am

So true and sometimes it's even worse!
On the Other hand healing maybe quite the same in normal 5 Player Dungeons.
My favourite is when I am comp,letely oom and the Party is running ahead using all speedbuffs they can fire up and I have trouble even getting them in range again.
However if you use the LFR Healer is an easy job and if you do at least anything you are better than the AFK Healers or the ones who just lined up as healers go get into a group but are actually DDs.
Varric

Postby Yotora » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:26 am

Haha, good job ^^
The facial expression on Krom's face really helps me to imagine his tone of voice xD
Yotora

Postby Gindjurra » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:44 am

I read about a study a few years back, that basically found that competence is not a single trait, but about two or three dozen individual traits, and to be competent you have to have them all. Among them is the ability to judge competence in other people. Another is the ability to do the same for yourself. Most people have some but not all of the traits. The real losers in life have none. This means that the more incompetent someone is, the less likely they are you be aware of it.

In my experience in WoW and other MMOs, if the tanks and healers had the same skill level as the average DPS, groups would wipe every other trash pull even on regular content. I'm not saying there aren't good DPS out there...but there sure are an awful lot of people who are 100% convinced they're awesome, and that the tank/healer/anybody else is the reason the group is failing...

What gets to me, is that more and more these days, I am running into the attitude that DPS don't need skill, DPS cannot influence group battle outcomes, etc...that the tank and healer are responsible for everything, not the DPS. I mostly play tanks and healers, and I can certainly sympathize with the urge to switch to DPS... :x
Gindjurra

Postby Quaza » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:42 pm

Been there, done that.

Gindjurra wrote:I read about a study a few years back, that basically found that competence is not a single trait, but about two or three dozen individual traits, and to be competent you have to have them all. Among them is the ability to judge competence in other people. Another is the ability to do the same for yourself. Most people have some but not all of the traits. The real losers in life have none. This means that the more incompetent someone is, the less likely they are you be aware of it.

http://criticalqq.wordpress.com/2010/01 ... er-effect/
^Relevant
~~Quaza
Quaza

Postby Yatta » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:18 am

I have a different take on sanity. I was only sane when I was tanking...
Until the dps couldn't kill the boss fast enough, then I was only sane while dpsing...
Until the healer couldn't keep more than one person alive during AoE, then I was only sane while healing...
Until the tank thought it'd be cool to grab 5 packs and only keeping one mob in front of him with the rest on his back, then I was only sane while tanking...

Apparently I'm only sane when I'm not playing WoW. So I guess I'm sane now? Sanity is overrated. Grass is always greener, I guess.

But no, seriously, tanking was the best role. Force everyone to keep up with you, and when the mage says, "Hold on a sec, I need mana", you can ignore him and keep going because he's a DPS and you have two more of those.

Quaza wrote:http://criticalqq.wordpress.com/2010/01/29/the-dunning-kruger-effect/
^Relevant

Where's the "realist" option? You know, the one that says, "well, those 5 retards stood in the fire", because those 5 retards really did stand in the fire; but at the same time admits fault when the fault is his own, rather than trying to find fault that is nonexistent or negligible? Because that one is me. Or is that just considered "normal" and thus need not apply? Damn, that makes me a conformist by default.
Last edited by Yatta on Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yatta

Postby xandro » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:44 am

Is that what I think?!! Finally a gnome priest made it to the comic! xD I play a Gnome Holy Priest
xandro

Return to DL comics