Discuss anything about DLC

Re: 399

Postby Zashi » Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:16 am

This is referring to http://www.darklegacycomics.com/230.html.

Narya drank the fountain of youth enough to bring him down to "teenage years", say 18. Assuming Miji was born in the year that Harry went back to Gnomeregan, then the present-day Miji should be 52 years old, thus meaning that Narya drank to his teenage years when Miji was 49 (52-3). Lets say he drank himself down to 18 years old. That means when Miji is 52 years old in the present, Narya is 21.

"Harry" goes back 52 years into the past. He is his 21 years old self, and Miji "should" be 0 years old or so. Given recent comics, young Narya has to look a lot younger than Harry, yet barely older than Miji. Remember young Narya hasn't drank from the fountain of youth yet. You can see now that if Narya's age difference was too big (say 30 years older) than Miji without the fountain of youth, then young Narya would be 30 when Miji is 0, even older than "Harry" who is at 21. Since this is an obvious contradiction, the only possibility is that Narya's age is between 0 and 21.

Basically, Narya can only be 21 years older at most from Miji originally, but even then would be stretching it since he looks much younger than Harry. So I assume Narya is 5-10 years older than Miji. This is further supported by #398.

Anyways, in all the recent comics, Narya looks like he's only a couple years older than Miji, which is rightfully proven. I have no idea how much older Narya is in his bearded-age -- he could be younger than Miji at that time -- however, at his pre-fountain age, he looks to be A LOT older than Miji, with grey hair and the like, despite only a 5-10 years difference. That's my biggest question: 5-10 years difference, yet pre-fountain Narya looks unfathomably older later on. Huh!?

(One more thing is that Harry has been keeping his hair dyed blue even though it's greying out? Since he is definitely older than pre-fountain Narya, we would see grey hair now, otherwise.)

Just some thoughts.
Zashi

Postby Keydar » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:45 am

Zashi wrote:This is referring to http://www.darklegacycomics.com/230.html.

Narya drank the fountain of youth enough to bring him down to "teenage years", say 18. Assuming Miji was born in the year that Harry went back to Gnomeregan, then the present-day Miji should be 52 years old, thus meaning that Narya drank to his teenage years when Miji was 49 (52-3). Lets say he drank himself down to 18 years old. That means when Miji is 52 years old in the present, Narya is 21.

"Harry" goes back 52 years into the past. He is his 21 years old self, and Miji "should" be 0 years old or so. Given recent comics, young Narya has to look a lot younger than Harry, yet barely older than Miji. Remember young Narya hasn't drank from the fountain of youth yet. You can see now that if Narya's age difference was too big (say 30 years older) than Miji without the fountain of youth, then young Narya would be 30 when Miji is 0, even older than "Harry" who is at 21. Since this is an obvious contradiction, the only possibility is that Narya's age is between 0 and 21.

Basically, Narya can only be 21 years older at most from Miji originally, but even then would be stretching it since he looks much younger than Harry. So I assume Narya is 5-10 years older than Miji. This is further supported by #398.

Anyways, in all the recent comics, Narya looks like he's only a couple years older than Miji, which is rightfully proven. I have no idea how much older Narya is in his bearded-age -- he could be younger than Miji at that time -- however, at his pre-fountain age, he looks to be A LOT older than Miji, with grey hair and the like, despite only a 5-10 years difference. That's my biggest question: 5-10 years difference, yet pre-fountain Narya looks unfathomably older later on. Huh!?

(One more thing is that Harry has been keeping his hair dyed blue even though it's greying out? Since he is definitely older than pre-fountain Narya, we would see grey hair now, otherwise.)

Just some thoughts.

I think most of the confusion here comes from Narya's unfortunate early balding and horrible aging.

Pre-fountain Narya is actually not as old as you think he is. Him and Miji are similar ages, Narya just ages poorly, much like he balded early (this was why he was so sensitive to cracks about his age). In #99 just after drinking from the fountain, he is in his mid 20s. You can see at year 30 in #398 that his hair is already beginning to whiten. Narya started dying his hair to avoid being discovered. I see no reason why he would stop, being how vain he is. You can see in the final panel of #398 how much Jess' hair has whitened compared to his.

As to the age of Miji, he is about 1 year younger than Narya. In #230, Narya is biologically 19, making him 22 in #398. After going back in time, he spent a year with Jess before Miji was born. Thus in year 16 of #398, Narya is 17 years old.

I think what likely makes the least sense in all this, is the appearance of the past, Narya, and Miji in #278, and subsequently, the clones. The clones are around 5 years younger than Miji, but they represent how Miji was drawn 5 years ago, not how Miji would have actually appeared given my current art style. My rationalization of this weirdness, is that in #278, Narya's time machine was not as refined as it is now, and it could only travel to a meta-comic-dimension, where the past is only as old as my comic. Kind of a crappy explanation, I know, but I'm okay with it. :)

Hope this helps.
Keydar
Site Admin

Postby Sethlaw » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:19 am

not sure if enlightened or confused further more xD
It takes an army to kill a paladin and an army of paladins to kill anything
Sethlaw

Postby Zashi » Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:07 pm

Thanks, that helps a lot. :D Poor Narya, his aging is even more pronounced than I had thought, if it's just a 1 year difference. And hey, Miji clones need no explanation, but I'll take it. XD
Zashi

Previous

Return to DL comics