Get Your Clone T-shirts! One Day Left!

Discuss anything about DLC

Get Your Clone T-shirts! One Day Left!

Postby Keydar » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:41 pm

Updated: Aug 28, 2013

One day left!!

Awesome job on the Teespring campaign, everyone! I've been pleasantly surprised by the interest you all have shown. For our next design I will likely make a few different versions, and give you guys a chance to vote.

Also, I am currently out of town and drawing some sketches for Sunday's comic. I've decided to try some watercolor this time. I am quickly learning that I'm terrible at it.

So for those of you that enjoy my poorly drawn out-of-town comics, GOOD NEWS.

Aug 22, 2013

One week left to buy your shirt!

It's been a great campaign, and it's almost over...

You've got only 7 more days before the Teespring campaign ends, and the Clone T-shirts are gone. After that point I will be creating new designs, and have no current plans to do another Clone Grenade Belt campaign. Thus, I cannot guarantee that these shirts will ever be available again, so buy them while you can!

I am currently out of town visiting family, but fear not! I have prepared a comic ahead of time for this coming Sunday (the 25th). The following Sunday (the 1st) is another matter, however, and I may need to upload more of my crappy sketches. We'll see.

Aug 12, 2013

Aww, look how happy you've made me.

I'm astounded by how quickly we reached our goal (150 shirts in less than four days!). You've all proven that this model works, and I'm definitely going to continue making more designs in the future.

But we're not done yet! We still have 17 days left before the Teespring campaign ends. That means you have 17 days before this shirt goes off the market. Think of all the holiday shopping you can get out of the way! Hanukkah is only four months from now!

Again, thank you all so much for supporting my comics, I never would have made it this far without you guys.

Aug 9, 2013

I'm very pleased to announce my first in a new line of T-shirt designs!

In order to ensure a good quality print, I will be using Teespring, which uses the crowdfunding model (like kickstarter) to create custom T-shirts.

Like most crowdfunding models, we have a goal which must be met in order for our product to be produced. The goal is simple. 150 t-shirts. If we sell them all, our goal is reached and the shirts will be printed. When the campaign ends, the shirts will no longer be available, so buy them while you can!

If this succeeds, I will design new T-shirts regularly. This design was inspired by a suggestion from a fan on Facebook, so as always, I'd love to hear your input, comments, and suggestions.

I have always had the most awesome, supportive fans, and I hope you all will Support Dark Legacy Comics, and make this happen!

Keydar
Site Admin

Re: Get Your Clone T-shirts! 21 days left!

Postby Huttj » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:57 pm

First off, I love the shirt design.

However, there does not appear to be a 'tall' size option (I wear a 2XLT), leaving me to choose between an absolute tent, or a belly shirt if my arms depart from strictly by my sides.

I have no clue where along the decision line available sizes are decided, and strongly suspect the availability decision is out of your hands, but wanted to mention it just in case, for the next design. :-)

(Also ran into the same issue recently with TeeTurtle, I have no clue how prevalent/unusual Tall size shirts actually are, as I do most of my shopping at Big and Tall shops)
Huttj

Postby Keydar » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:56 pm

Huttj wrote:First off, I love the shirt design.

However, there does not appear to be a 'tall' size option (I wear a 2XLT), leaving me to choose between an absolute tent, or a belly shirt if my arms depart from strictly by my sides.

I have no clue where along the decision line available sizes are decided, and strongly suspect the availability decision is out of your hands, but wanted to mention it just in case, for the next design. :-)

(Also ran into the same issue recently with TeeTurtle, I have no clue how prevalent/unusual Tall size shirts actually are, as I do most of my shopping at Big and Tall shops)

Yeah, unfortunately, the sizing is completely out of my hands. That is good to know though, thanks for filling me in. I'll try sending an email to Teespring to see if I can get any information on future sizing changes, if there are any.
Keydar
Site Admin

Postby cyrops » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:52 am

Hello,
I was wondering how does payment for shipping work? After the goal is met or when? There is no such info on the website :/
Love the comic by the way, and the shirt looks awesome ^_^
cyrops

Postby DarkInos » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:25 am

Hi there,
I would love to buy that Tshirt but... that form is kind of.. not working for my place :) + cant contact support..
Name adress etc is ok..
Apt/suite.. eh nothing found in my place + we dont have province in our state so.. cant place my order until I fill all columns.
Any idea what can I do there?
Im from czech republic...
well thanks for anything :)
DarkInos

Postby crazysheep » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:45 pm

I'm from the UK and payed through Paypal, it said the wrong postage ($3) on the paypal page but when the invoice came through it was correct, I hope the t-shirts meets the 150 mark, can't wait to wear the t-shirt, looks awesome! Looks like I'll be spending a lot of money on DLC t-shirts in the future lol!

My point of replying though, was if you are having problems in a different country on purchasing the t-shirt, just pay through paypal if you have an account, as they accept every country as far as i know.
crazysheep

Postby Alcest » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:50 pm

Keydar, is there any way to pledge $17, but to keep it in reserve for another shirt?

As much as I love DLC and would TOTALLY buy a shirt, I'm just not the biggest fan of the clones (don't get me wrong, it's a great design, just, I'd prefer one that's more "DLC" than the clones).

I totally want your regular-shirt-designs to come out, so I'd like to contribute towards that 150 but without having to buy multiple shirts (because I'm a poor mother!@#$%^) :)
Alcest

Location: Trapped somewhere in the confines of my messed up head

Postby Keydar » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:40 pm

DarkInos wrote:Hi there,
I would love to buy that Tshirt but... that form is kind of.. not working for my place :) + cant contact support..
Name adress etc is ok..
Apt/suite.. eh nothing found in my place + we dont have province in our state so.. cant place my order until I fill all columns.
Any idea what can I do there?
Im from czech republic...
well thanks for anything :)

Good question, have you tried sending an email to support@teespring.com? That would be my first move.

Alcest wrote:Keydar, is there any way to pledge $17, but to keep it in reserve for another shirt?

As much as I love DLC and would TOTALLY buy a shirt, I'm just not the biggest fan of the clones (don't get me wrong, it's a great design, just, I'd prefer one that's more "DLC" than the clones).

I totally want your regular-shirt-designs to come out, so I'd like to contribute towards that 150 but without having to buy multiple shirts (because I'm a poor mother!@#$%^) :)

Hah. I totally understand, and I wouldn't worry too much about it. The last thing I want is for fans to feel obligated to spend money on something they don't really want. I don't expect everyone to like every design. Out of curiosity, what would be your ideal choice for the next design?
Keydar
Site Admin

Postby Smellyewok » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:37 pm

Great design! This is a very strong start to this new process, for sure. Unfortunately I find myself in the same position that the poster above me is in. xD I'd love to support DLC by buying a shirt, but the clones just aren't my cup of tea as much as some of the other characters. With that said, however, I'll be the first to admit that thinking of a different design is proving to be quite difficult for me. lol Incorporating all the characters (or even just some for that matter) without it being too similar to the wallpaper available seems to be the problem for me specifically. At the end of the day though, I'm sure you'll be able to make something that will be perfect for me. :P
Smellyewok

Postby Keydar » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:00 pm

Smellyewok wrote:Great design! This is a very strong start to this new process, for sure. Unfortunately I find myself in the same position that the poster above me is in. xD I'd love to support DLC by buying a shirt, but the clones just aren't my cup of tea as much as some of the other characters. With that said, however, I'll be the first to admit that thinking of a different design is proving to be quite difficult for me. lol Incorporating all the characters (or even just some for that matter) without it being too similar to the wallpaper available seems to be the problem for me specifically. At the end of the day though, I'm sure you'll be able to make something that will be perfect for me. :P

What about something similar to the last panel, here?
Keydar
Site Admin

Postby Jamesski86 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:20 pm

I just got mine, 121 and counting WOOT
Jamesski86

Postby Solidus » Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:17 pm

Next shirt design? Gigz Kitchen done similar to Hell's Kitchen with her screaming at the DLC crew and the clones as the food. :D
Solidus

Postby Bobbi » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:29 am

Just got my shirt, though 3,95$ shipping to Germany sounds a bit cheap to me?
Anyway, I have to agree with previous posts: I was getting this shirt mainly to say "Thanks" for giving me something to smile over every monday morning (monday sucks!), I'd certainly purchase the next one with another picture.
My suggestion: Something like http://www.darklegacycomics.com/392.html - third picture.

Anyway, keep up the good work!
Bobbi

Postby xaui » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:39 am

Woot! Just went to buy mine, and saw it was on 149 out of 150! so I'm proud to be the owner of the 150th shirt! Hoping to see new designs soon, gratz

This campaign reached its goal!
150 have been sold (towards the original goal of 150)
You can keep buying until the campaign ends
xaui

Postby Smellyewok » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:34 pm

Keydar wrote:
Smellyewok wrote:Great design! This is a very strong start to this new process, for sure. Unfortunately I find myself in the same position that the poster above me is in. xD I'd love to support DLC by buying a shirt, but the clones just aren't my cup of tea as much as some of the other characters. With that said, however, I'll be the first to admit that thinking of a different design is proving to be quite difficult for me. lol Incorporating all the characters (or even just some for that matter) without it being too similar to the wallpaper available seems to be the problem for me specifically. At the end of the day though, I'm sure you'll be able to make something that will be perfect for me. :P

What about something similar to the last panel, here?

That could definitely work! It's definitely not too similar to the wallpaper, but also has all the characters in it. Now all it would need is some sort of funny little quote to make it perfect. xD
Smellyewok

Next

Return to DL comics