How old is the youngest WoW player you've ever seen

Discuss anything relating to World of Warcraft

Re: How old is the youngest WoW player you've ever seen

Postby Tak_667 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:16 am

The youngest player I know is 39, says a lot really. I'm 47 and my first videogame was "Coleco Telstar" Now that dates me........
Tak_667

Postby Joefesok » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:43 pm

I personally met and played with an 8-year-old. He was actually a really nice kid, but got driven insane by my old guild and quit the game. For perhaps the first and final time ever, I miss a young player.
Joefesok

Postby AntonWolf » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:28 am

youngest player I ever actually talked to was an 11 or 12 yr old, which I know is probably normal on wow, but he was actually a really good player and very mature for his age. Another example is actually one of the players in my guild's core raiding group has a daughter who plays wow and sometimes even plays her toon for her, and is about 12 years old this year, also very mature for her age :D
Gaiaticus= 87 Tauren Restoration/Guardian Druid (Alleria)
Shaianne= 85 Blood Elf Frost/Arcane Mage (Alleria)
Chihiru= 46 Pandaren Mistweaver Monk (Alleria)
AntonWolf

Postby BOBO » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:48 am

I was 6 when I started playing under my parent's names. I played with their friends and was ALWAYS #1 on the DPS charts, everyone was always nice to me and i was friendly back, though at that young of an age I could only do PVE because PVP was too fast-paced for me, I still play night elf hunter I started out with and still KICK BUTT!
BOBO

Postby BOBO » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:51 am

and NO i am not a no life loser I was the captain of my soccer team in middle school, made it to the championships, am playing in high school too and get all straight A's including being rewarded a math reward by my teacher, There IS a way for young players to balance playing and shool/sports
BOBO

Postby Stefsarch » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:44 am

Joefesok wrote:I personally met and played with an 8-year-old. He was actually a really nice kid, but got driven insane by my old guild and quit the game. For perhaps the first and final time ever, I miss a young player.

That's peculiar... This might sound cheesy, but when I was eight I played with an older person and I did get driven insane by his guild, but I thought he quit the game. Rulerjune - Ghostlands EU.
Stefsarch

Postby Hecubah86 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:03 pm

I rolled a Draenei enhancement shaman once a while back. Can't remember the server since I play on a few and the toon is long gone, but I actually played with someone's five or six year old niece once. She was a priest and liked to heal people. The kid's aunt came back to her keys to find that the kid had rolled a toon on her account and thanked me for saving her niece's toon from murlocs because her niece would get upset when her toon died and explained she liked to run around the low level zones and healing other players. It was so cute!
Hecubah86

Postby Eisenwolf » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:52 am

I am not entirely sure of the youngest player I've played with on WoW given I am 33 and somewhat of lone wolf in game that said I do remember my gaming career starting at about 8 years old with the classic Gameboy the one that was heavy and took 4x AA batteries and I've seen things evolve a lot as a child and teenager and through my 20's. I got into WoW in May 2008 was always sceptical of it before then having seen MMO's as nothing more than a passing gimmick (How wrong I was on that!) I think it's great that younger kids play but I would want to make sure that if my child was that they did so under supervision more so when younger given the nature of the game and some of the language used in some situations other than that yes get them started young and teach them to have fun.

Thinking about it now I do remember one kid who was about ten years old who was incredibly mature of his years he won my respect because he showed incredibly maturity in situations where adults where acting like idiots. I do not see someone's age as an issue but more the way they conduct themselves amongst others.
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination.
Albert Einstein

Alliance Worgen DK 90
Realm The Sha'tar EU
Name Árcfélonás
Eisenwolf

Postby Doomgaze » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:36 am

The absolute youngest I've met was 12. A resto druid in Vanilla that could actually heal in such dungeons as 5 man LBRS and UD Strat. Yeah, he was good.

The conversations in teamspeak were just beyond hilarious, as his squeaky prepubescent voice incited raucous laughter ever time he talked.

One conversation is still pretty fresh in my memory from back then. Him, myself and a new recruit to our guild were in TS, and i had no clue the kid was in TS. I remarked being hung like a tic tac, I had no ego, and he remarked, and I quote, "Hung like a tic tac? How can a tic tac be hung?" Being as I didn't know he was there, and the high pitch of his voice, I laughed so hard and kept laughing so hard I fell out of my chair.
Doomgaze

Previous

Return to WoW