Discuss anything about DLC

Re: 412

Postby Yinello » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:46 am

I'm perfectly fine with F2P or B2P (buy once to play) subscription models with a cash shop as long as it's not pay to win like in the comic. I know a few MMOs that pull it off quite well. The problem I have with a sub is that I feel forced to spend time on the game otherwise my monthly fee has gone to waste and sadly I don't have always have the time.
Yinello

Postby Dencashin » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:53 am

sankto wrote:
Anele wrote:Those players need to grow up. It is computer game.

It irk me when i hear that. I don't feel like it is immature to be a big fan of video games, much like it should not be to be a big fan of sports, for example.

There is nothing wrong with being a fan. But there are people who definitely take it too far.

But that is not what the discussion is. Its more about those few who feel like special snowflakes when they get something and then turn around and QQ that others are getting it whether from said quests becoming easier to do or through a cash house (in and/or out of game).

It should be about personal gratification knowing you took the hard way to obtain the item when it was relevant. Because,
1: no one really cares if YOU have it
2: It will be useless and outdated in the next exp or patch
Dencashin

Postby Sweetfang » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:45 pm

Actually,this is how I felt when one of the WoW expansion/patches came out and ... the paladin mount was now available for a pouch of gold at the trainer. So in reaction, I quested mine. Had a hard time getting a group for Scholomance, but I eventually got it done.

Kaesora, Human Paladin of the Light (retired) 70.
Sweetfang

Postby Keydar » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:31 pm

Dencashin wrote:It should be about personal gratification knowing you took the hard way to obtain the item when it was relevant.

Yes, it definitely should be, but we have to be realistic about how people experience games. Many people play these games to feel special. Some games serve as an outlet for hard work, and in return, they reward you with snowflakeness (can that be a word?). There is nothing inherently wrong with FTP models, I have seen some decent ones. However, some FTP games try to also be snowflake games. And some snowflake games try to transition into FTP games.

I can't say for sure if I think the MMO genre and the FTP model are incompatible for these types of players. I think the trading card genre lends itself really well to FTP however, and I have seen some great FTP TCGs.

Regardless, Krom would hate these games with a passion, and his sadness makes me laugh.
Keydar
Site Admin

Postby Tydosius » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:18 am

Reading these comments, I get the feeling that nobody here has actually played a game with a good F2P model. Warframe is close to a perfect micro-transaction model with the exception of the sentinels.
Tydosius

Postby Alron » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:40 am

Was it supposed to be "Cystals" at the last panel?
Alron

Postby Sethlaw » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:56 pm

Alron wrote:Was it supposed to be "Cystals" at the last panel?

We were supposed to pretend we didn't notice it :idea:
It takes an army to kill a paladin and an army of paladins to kill anything
Sethlaw

Postby Presynn » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:00 pm

Still creeps me out to see Krom smile Owo
Presynn

Postby Keydar » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:34 pm

Oops. Now we watch the battle of my laziness vs. my perfectionism.
Keydar
Site Admin

Postby Sethlaw » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:20 am

Keydar wrote:

The bad news for the laziness is that when it has to fight vs. perfectionism victory leads to increasingly difficult battle vs. the never sleeping internal unrest aka "list of things I should've done". Yet laziness has proven to be a powerful force :roll:
It takes an army to kill a paladin and an army of paladins to kill anything
Sethlaw

Postby The Great JT » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:56 am

Keydar wrote:

Muahaha, dance, puppet, dance!

The Punchmaster. Do Not Question Him.
The Great JT

Postby B.O.B. » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:28 am

sankto wrote:
Anele wrote:Those players need to grow up. It is computer game.

It irk me when i hear that. I don't feel like it is immature to be a big fan of video games, much like it should not be to be a big fan of sports, for example.

lol. If you told a sports fan that was getting worked up over a game to "grow up, it's just a game" you'd probably get your head ripped off.
B.O.B.

Previous

Return to DL comics