Discuss anything about DLC

Postby Keydar » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:48 pm

Keydar
Site Admin

Re: 415

Postby The Great JT » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:31 pm

Well maybe if someone wasn't always a killjoy...

The Punchmaster. Do Not Question Him.
The Great JT

Postby Nalen » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:01 pm

isnt nyte a bit more white in this comic?
Nalen

Postby Keydar » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:49 pm

Nalen wrote:isnt nyte a bit more white in this comic?

Hahaha, yes she totally was. I accidentally used Keydar's skin tone, which is pretty hilarious considering the topic of the comic. I have since fixed it. Oops!

Thanks for letting me know :)
Keydar
Site Admin

Postby Alcest » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:21 pm

Keydar wrote:
Nalen wrote:isnt nyte a bit more white in this comic?

Hahaha, yes she totally was. I accidentally used Keydar's skin tone, which is pretty hilarious considering the topic of the comic. I have since fixed it. Oops!

Thanks for letting me know :)

You're such a whitey, Keydar XD

(Totally curious to know what that looked like now since I didn't get to see the new one right away :p)

Also, black females? They don't exist in WoW :o
Alcest

Location: Trapped somewhere in the confines of my messed up head

Postby Arkane5 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:35 pm

Alcest wrote:You're such a whitey, Keydar XD

(Totally curious to know what that looked like now since I didn't get to see the new one right away :p)

Now I want to see it too (just to know if I would have noticed it).
Arkane5

Postby Voidy » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:05 pm

But what would a Black Female Midget Dwarf look like?
Voidy

Postby Raiukage » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:27 am

"Girls are outed as soon as they speak in voice chat."

Keydar, you are my hero, and I finally officially registered to thank you for this particular strip! Seriously, what is it about plate bikinis and folks being so surprised that I'm actually female playing a MMORG? (Seriously, I had a guy whispering me through an entire dungeon after finding out I'm a female, in shock...)

In fact, my first game, which unfortunately wasn't WoW, I actually ended up rolling a guy toon after half an hour of playing a gal toon, just to get away from the catcalls.

...And then, three or so years into playing that game, my family of friends all decided it'd be amazingly cool for us to do a conference phone call (no voice chat in that game) so we could all actually talk to each other for the first time...and I kinda had to reveal to all of them that, uh, not really a guy here... *snicker* Most of them thought it was hilarious, one never spoke to me again. Go figure.
Raiukage

Postby Ahsilak » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:43 am

I registered today, although I've been reading this comic for a very long time now, just to say thank you sooo much for pointing this out!

I am black, and a woman, and have experienced both of these things before. I've often wondered if anyone who isn't in my demographic could understand how awkward it can be to play a MMORPG. I tend to make my avatars look somewhat like I actually do. The first time I responded in my guild's 'post a picture of yourself irl' forum-the responses were fascinating. I often wondered if people were going to talk to me or treat me differently after that, but no one did. I didn't expect any negative stuff of course, but I did wonder if it was one of those things that would change things subtly.

It's hard for me to tell if people pick up on me being both black and a woman on voice chat on Xbox live-in WoW I think folks might have suspected but really, who cares! I did get lots of 'who said that???' back in the early days of WoW (I started playing in beta and finally stopped just before this last expansion), but as time went on it was less and less of a shock, and I'm pretty sure it was more because of my gender than my ethnicity.

Anyway- sincere thanks for this strip. :)
Ahsilak

Return to DL comics