Discuss anything about DLC

Postby Keydar » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:19 pm

Keydar
Site Admin

Re: 416

Postby Voidy » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:31 pm

I know how much i hate fishing, i spent months training it dreaming to win the fishing contest once for a trophy and then fishing up all the coins in dalaran for the achievement.

I think after maxxing fishing, i quit fishing for dalaran coins after 10 hours only catching 2 coins at all and mostly junk and love stories and some weird potions. So i turned around and started doing it only for the money since it was painfully boring!

But the best part about fishing for money was that at the time, you could fish for essence of fire from a volcano that were worth tons, and just the idea of that was awesome (Although the fishing was terrible)

The contests never really went anywhere, after waiting 2 months and going in at every opportunity, i always ended up at the wrong time since I had no way to convert wow time into RL time, so the day of the contests, i'd start fishing in the early morning (When it had started and ended in the middle of midnight....) or trying to unsuccessfully find ways to kill the rival fishermen and keep them from blocking my bobber with a huge fat mount.
Voidy

Postby Sethlaw » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:09 pm

Spending your time in a game doing something you totally dislike in order to get profit... and people say wow doesn't prepare us for real life :D

Also, is it bad that what Keydar says about fishing makes perfect sense to me, I sure used to chill like this back when I had more spare time in my hands and there were no achievements around. Them good old days
It takes an army to kill a paladin and an army of paladins to kill anything
Sethlaw

Postby Raiukage » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:39 am

Haha, make it an achievement and suddenly everyone's gotta do it...and poor Keydar loses his quiet fishing hole!
Raiukage

Postby Bleckeb » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:32 am

I read it as "The Joy of Fisting".. Oh god, does it sound funny if you change every "fishing" into "fisting".. Why did I read it this way? :?
Bleckeb

No gnome device ?

Postby Arkane5 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:46 am

How come our two genius gnomes haven't invented a device to fish for them ?
Arkane5

Postby The Great JT » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:20 am

Now I imagine Keydar's some fishing hipster, saying things like, "pfft, I was fishing in this spot before it was an achievement. Now I mostly fish in Ironforge, you wouldn't know about it because it's underground."

The Punchmaster. Do Not Question Him.
The Great JT

Postby Sethlaw » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:40 pm

Btw <Bunch of nonsense> sounds lovely for a guild name xD
It takes an army to kill a paladin and an army of paladins to kill anything
Sethlaw

Postby Eruan » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:45 am

Make achievement out of something, whatever it is, and people will do it. Let's take a look at the crystal ball...

11.10.20??

Patch notes:

Added new achievements:

* "Like a Stone" - Fall to your death in Stormwind/Orgrimmar 77 times each day for 7 consecutive days.

12.10.20??

Stormwind/Orgrimmar: SPLAT!!! SPLAT!!! SPLAT!!! SPLAT!!! SPLAT!!! SPLAT!!! SPLAT!!! SPLAT!!! SPLAT!!!
Eruan

Return to DL comics