Dummies T-Shirts!

Discuss anything about DLC

Dummies T-Shirts!

Postby Keydar » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:57 pm

The second Dark Legacy Comics T-shirt campaign is now up!

Since I was happy with the print/shirt quality from our first campaign, I will once again be using Teespring, which uses the crowdfunding model (like kickstarter) to create custom T-shirts.

Like most crowdfunding models, we have a goal which must be met in order for our product to be produced. Our goal is higher this time. 400 t-shirts. If we sell them all, our goal is reached and the shirts will be printed. When the campaign ends, the shirts will no longer be available, so Buy them while you can!

I had some feedback from the last campaign about the shirt fabric being a bit cheap, so I have selected a higher quality shirt this time. Thus, the price is a dollar higher than our first campaign. Also, I've found a way to offer a small selection of shirt colors, as well as a Women's fit! I also received a lot of feedback about your demand for a black shirt option, so I made sure to include that option for both fits.

You guys came through in a big way on our last campaign, and I'm really hoping we can do it again. Spread the word, let's sell some shirts!

Come on, Donald! Tell our potential customers about the shirt! Really sell it!

Thanks, Donald.
Keydar
Site Admin

Re: Dummies T-Shirts!

Postby danund81 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:31 pm

I'm sad to see this shirt far from it's goal, but I wanted to share my thoughts as to why I'm not crazy over it.

First off, it's a bit of a complicated design. Even when it's directly in front of me on a computer screen I had to take a couple seconds to register "what the hell is going on? Oh. Oh he's attacking the dummy." Looking back on the gnome grenade t-shirt, it had several layers of appeal. Simplicity of design meant "Grenade belt", the next level up of recognition was "Gnomes are as deadly as grenades" which is still a fun concept, and with actual knowledge of DLC a viewer would know "Hah! They really are that destructive."

The second thing is... this is Donald. He's the butt of many a joke in DLC, he's the moron, he's an idiot with poor grammar representing all that is noob in World of Warcraft (or any other multiplayer game for that matter)... Why would I want an image of him on my chest doing something stupid? The gnome clones I think are an amazing mascot for DLC, hell I'd buy plushes of them in a heart beat. To some, cute. To others, hilarious. Donald I feel can really only be one thing, annoying to the point of humor, which can often just be plain annoying.

There's another reason I made an account to give feedback, and it's to say DO NOT give up simply because this shirt doesn't go like hot cakes. I think you have solid gold hidden in your character roster, the crazy gnomes or perhaps a parody of 'grumpy cat' style quotes with Krom. http://www.darklegacycomics.com/96.html The punchline of this comic is a shirt in and of itself as an example.
danund81

Postby Keydar » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:04 am

danund81 wrote:I'm sad to see this shirt far from it's goal, but I wanted to share my thoughts as to why I'm not crazy over it.

First off, it's a bit of a complicated design. Even when it's directly in front of me on a computer screen I had to take a couple seconds to register "what the hell is going on? Oh. Oh he's attacking the dummy." Looking back on the gnome grenade t-shirt, it had several layers of appeal. Simplicity of design meant "Grenade belt", the next level up of recognition was "Gnomes are as deadly as grenades" which is still a fun concept, and with actual knowledge of DLC a viewer would know "Hah! They really are that destructive."

The second thing is... this is Donald. He's the butt of many a joke in DLC, he's the moron, he's an idiot with poor grammar representing all that is noob in World of Warcraft (or any other multiplayer game for that matter)... Why would I want an image of him on my chest doing something stupid? The gnome clones I think are an amazing mascot for DLC, hell I'd buy plushes of them in a heart beat. To some, cute. To others, hilarious. Donald I feel can really only be one thing, annoying to the point of humor, which can often just be plain annoying.

There's another reason I made an account to give feedback, and it's to say DO NOT give up simply because this shirt doesn't go like hot cakes. I think you have solid gold hidden in your character roster, the crazy gnomes or perhaps a parody of 'grumpy cat' style quotes with Krom. http://www.darklegacycomics.com/96.html The punchline of this comic is a shirt in and of itself as an example.

Thanks!

I really appreciate the feedback.
Keydar
Site Admin

Postby Mikeyyyy1 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:26 pm

Another character would probably be better but these are great comics, I just stumbled across these comics two days ago and I'm almost finish up to the latest one. If you had a Gigz kitchen or Krom saying something pessimistic, and of course Narya and Miji are awesome. I would for sure buy one and i've already recommend the comics several times to people in my guild.

Thanks for the laughs!
Mikeyyyy1

Postby Thrunkash » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:44 am

I've only recently discovered Dark Legacy and think it's brill. I love this t-shirt. I think it keeps the game as a game in perspective. With all due respect to the first reply above, I think that's taking it all too seriously. Donald's escapades in the comics keep it light hearted (well, most of it does really). It's a game, not a job.

I've put down for one for one of my best mates, he'd love it. I'm not happy to see it not nearing the target. Social media madness required to get it out there!!
Thrunkash

Postby elizabetholivas » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:09 am

For keeping up the game spirit these dummies are just great to look at. You also need to add some more characters and surely this would be liked by all the fans!!!
elizabetholivas

Postby NorseEmperor » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:51 pm

I've been following your comics since around 2007 and I've loved every single one, it's been great waiting every Sunday to see your new one come out and I've never been let down! I say this because I don't want you to think I'm some random person giving you feedback even though I only just recently made an account here (I never had anything to say in the forums until recently).

But onto the shirt feedback!

The first thing I don't like about this shirt is the fact that it's Donald doing something that isn't funny honestly. If it had some better context of him being goofy with something related to WoW, then I'd possibly get it. As the person above me said, it's Donald and not many people want him on their shirt because he is considered the "Keyboard turner" of the group and why would they want him representing them?

The second thing is that it doesn't really scream WoW....I know, your comics are your own thing and this isn't all about WoW but I want to have it related to it in someway (A training dummy is rather universal). You have to make it pop to the eyes as something from the game even if someone doesn't read your comics but happens to play WoW!

The third thing, your bar for how many people are needed to buy it was a little high...this probably intimidated people into thinking that they wouldn't even print because it seems like it would never reach that (400 is steep). I would cut it in half to assure that the goal is always met, it's best to have it sent to only people who truly keep up and watch for shirts and go to support you than wing it to get it to a few extra people.

With that aside, this is in no way putting you down, I loved your last t-shirt and wish I had money during that time to get it! I'mg a huge fan of yours and will still anxiously await your comics every Sunday! :D I wish you the best of luck and can't wait to see your next design, don't let this bring you down!
NorseEmperor

Postby filmaster » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:01 am

i just ordered my grenade clone shirt! can't wait! but is there a tracking nr or something?

ponpons/filmaster
hello, my name is aladinn, and i'm a gnome Lock, master at shadow, and burns you to ashes , what's YOUR game?
filmaster

Return to DL comics