Discuss anything about DLC

Postby Keydar » Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:41 pm

I am going out of town to visit family this week, so there will be no comic next Sunday. I hope you all have a great New Year's!

Keydar
Site Admin

Re: 422

Postby Aeolius » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:35 pm

Sooo true hahaha
Maybe except for the Aspect of the Pack bit, thankfully that never happened to me
Aeolius

Postby The Great JT » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:28 am

Okay if you're going to keep ripping things straight from my dungeon runs, I'm going to want a co-writer credit.

Nah, I'm just kidding. Good comic.

The Punchmaster. Do Not Question Him.
The Great JT

Postby Teamer » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:32 am

It's always mages for me. Damn Frost Orbs.
How many goblins does it take to change a lightbulb?
Seven. One to replace said lightbulb and six to clean up after the first guy explodes.
Character! http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... mer/simple
Teamer

Postby Yatta » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:40 pm

I've had runs with "those" hunters on my hunter :|
Yatta

Postby chaoscurtis » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:45 pm

I'd be offended by this if it wasn't true for 95% of the hunter's I've encountered on retail's rdf system.
Hell, I've attempted to give those tards advice to no avail ... and half the time they'd call me a noob. Yeah, the guy who tops the dps chart, almost never pulls aggro, almost never dies, and can solo the boss on the rather often circumstance in which the tank dies is apparently a noob ....

I've long since retired from retail, but I'll keep this sig up as a memento to the fun I had there.
chaoscurtis

Postby Eilianna » Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:34 am

I registered to your website because of this comic. I have read them all so far but this one. This was the first one that made me spit out my morning coffee in hysterical laughter. I didn't even have to read the whole thing to know it was about aspect of the pack. I say these same exact words every dungeon run that has a huntard in it. I think only tanks can really appreciate the hilarity in this particular comic. Pretty much sums up PuG tanking at its finest.

This. Fucking. Guy. I hate him so much.

Thank you for making my morning.
Eilianna

Postby skyfire » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:57 am

Of course Narya has never had a run with a hunter like that... he's dps...

Most pug dps neither knows, nor cares whats going on with the other members of the party unless the group is wiping (not all though, <3 to those few good ones out there).

I thought you played a rogue Keydar? Somewhere in there you have to have tanked a pug or two for this sort of insight :P
skyfire

Postby Theodoxus » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:30 am

I too registered just for this comic.

My last tanking attempt I had this hunter.

Ran ahead, using Aspect, pulled the room, tanked it all with his pet and didn't give a rip about anyone else.

Thankfully, no one asked me why my tanking was so bad - and the 'tard died a couple times (thankfully again, not blaming me - but also not altering his MO one iota).

I just don't understand that mentality... I really don't.

I don't tank anymore though. I have every heirloom (sans Garrosh) so I just swapped my tanking set for the dps set... Sad it takes forever to get a run, but SOOO happy I don't have to deal with the dumb.

BTW, I love playing my hunter - and I never ever act this way. My dps is pretty crap because I hold my pet back and wait for the tank to have aggro... but it's worth not getting the grumpy's from the rest of the party.
Theodoxus

Postby Sweetfang » Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:42 pm

And his name shall be... Donald.

Lol, I do have to say, I've run a hunter back in the day and had ignorant people criticize me for ice trapping/CC back in the day when CC was still crucial to the game. Of course then the Donald was the person breaking the CC.

-Sweetfang
Sweetfang

Postby Ezekial » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:13 pm

Any time a hunter pet tuants or gets agro i tell the hunter once and only once, then i tell the healer that his pet is gona die and dont bother healing it.
And half the time the huntard never rezzes his pet after it dies
Ezekial

Postby Doomgaze » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:46 pm

I quit WoW not too long ago (Cata killed it for me and Pandaria buried it), but this was a pretty aggravating issue for me in pugs. Of course I was the tank.

I have a little tale from WotLK. Tanking Heroic Nexus, I was ICC geared pally tank. Not heroic geared but I could hold my own. Anyways, this hunter kept hitting distracting shot to pull bosses off me and die then try to get me booted from the group. You don't kick a good tank.

Anyone remember "melee" hunters from vanilla? Whatever happened to those?
Doomgaze

Postby Yatta » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:18 pm

chaoscurtis wrote:I'd be offended by this if it wasn't true for 95% of the hunter's I've encountered on retail's rdf system.
Hell, I've attempted to give those tards advice to no avail ... and half the time they'd call me a noob. Yeah, the guy who tops the dps chart, almost never pulls aggro, almost never dies, and can solo the boss on the rather often circumstance in which the tank dies is apparently a noob ....

I know the feel. In Cataclysm during the first set of Raids my guild had 4 hunters, including myself. We were all roughly equally geared. Depending on the fight I was doing 18-24k dps. One of the other hunters was right below me doing something like 17-23k dps. Then we had the other two... doing 8-12k dps.

Can you guess which one of the other 3 asked me for advice? The guy doing 17-23k dps. LIKE WTF?
Yatta

Postby Kesparo » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:22 pm

I have also read every comic but just registered now because of this comic....

About this comic, I didn't understand why ppl hated hunters so much... at least until Raid finder!! lol
Kesparo

Postby Sethlaw » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:44 pm

Kesparo wrote: I didn't understand why ppl hated hunters so much...

Maybe it's because of this tiny fact that hunters used to cause something like 50-90% (depending on how unlucky your raid is with the number of hunters present at raiding hours) of all pve related group and raid wipes since the very beginning of wow. And yeap, we still had like 8 classes back then on each side, so them huntards were damn distinctive and generally kept to their legacy till present days. Dat devotion xD
It takes an army to kill a paladin and an army of paladins to kill anything
Sethlaw

Return to DL comics