Ask Melanion

Post any questions you have about DLC

Postby Norelim » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:28 pm

Ballarus wrote:You know, I live in Jersey, and I can't remember the last time I saw a cow.
ž

now this is the sole reason why children (not saying you are one) are getting dumber and dumber. They live most of their lives in cities, watching TV and eating pizza and when we ask them to draw a cow they draw a purple horse-ish silhouette
//////////Žive naj vsi narodi
////////ki hrepene dočakat dan
//////////da koder sonce hodi
////////prepir iz sveta bo pregnan
////////////////da rojak
/////////////prost bo vsak
//////ne vrag, le sosed bo mejak

Slovenian anthem
Norelim

Location: Slovenia, Žužemberk (read it correctly and you get a candy)

Postby Ballarus » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:43 pm

Are you saying kids today are dumb because they don't live on farms and prefer to draw blue ducks as opposed to normal ducks? That's called imagination, good sir.
Ballarus

Postby Galobtar » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:18 am

Norelim wrote:
Ballarus wrote:You know, I live in Jersey, and I can't remember the last time I saw a cow.
ž

now this is the sole reason why children (not saying you are one) are getting dumber and dumber. They live most of their lives in cities, watching TV and eating pizza and when we ask them to draw a cow they draw a purple horse-ish silhouette

Of course they can draw a cow.... THEY HAVE THE INTERWEBS!!!!!
Proud Retired WoW Player
Galobtar

Postby Elanos » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:25 am

Roleplaying is fun when done in context to the environment. However, what is occurring here is no different than looking and my rotting corpse on screen and pretending I didn't actually get infected by the plague and am in fact a perfectly normal human that just happens to be on the skinny side. Maybe even a feathered foul floating across a pond, aimlessly gulping down guppies I spy beneath myself. There is clever, and then there is idiotic.

If he/she (I'm leaning toward he personally) wants to pretend he is a high elf, there are plenty of other games out there that have that as a playable race. WoW is not one of them. Frankly I like RP'ers in general and I think its pathetic when idiots like this give them a bad name.

Do note that I don't disagree on the stupidity of the said high elf.

Roleplaying is not always fun when done in context to the enviroment. The world of Warcraft is static, neverchanging and whatnot. It equals boring. It's a boring world. In time, the roleplaying also gets boring.

Pulling off a high elf is not hard. Roleplaying that everyone started in the same starting area is bullshit. Might aswell say "I grew up in teldrassil, and now I'm 100000 years old" as a night elf. It simply doesn't cut it.

High elf = Highborne that did not follow Kael'Thas, and therefore has to find other ways to deal with the addiction. Pretty simple. Blue eyes? Sure, why not? Why limit yourself with the shitty models Blizzard provided us with? There's a LARGE difference between "changing" the eyecolor and pretending your undead looks like a perfectly fine human. That's why many roleplayers use(and misuse, egads) flagRSP and other addons that helps spicing up the roleplay.

I'll give you a similar, but less used example in my own main, Elanos.

Born in a cave in winterspring, raised as a bear, stolen, raised as a tauren. Shapeshifting was there from birth, and as he was born by a druid in bear shape he spent the years before his capture as a bear. I developed that into a split personality case, where the bear mind stopped developing when the Tauren mind started.

My point is, you add minor tweaks to make your character a bit more fun to roleplay. You don't go over the top(I don't think our elf in this case has) and give yourself the ability to track japanese schoolgirls and fetch them with your tentacles.

Everyone wants to be special, some people just massively overdo it.

Hrm, reading this over I'm not sure how much sense I'm making. Oh well.

Edit: I swear, it didn't look this big. o_O
I'm here to hurt your feelings.
Elanos

Postby felldain » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:41 am

I think the reason why Mal's Rping is so annoying is simply because the tedious debate (lol) has been stretched for so long.

And her insistence for us all to play along. take yourself, Elanos for example, i never knew your Druid had a split personality till that post, you havn't come onto this forum, shoving two persona's down our throats.

Though that is a tad more abstract than 'I have blue eyes.'

Another reason (i just thought of) that His rping is such a nuisance, is that if he were to stick with it properly he ought to separate himself entirely with the server, since he hates Belfs so much. The impracticality of this leads us to assume that melanion doesn't actually rp being a high elf properly. And if theres one thing worse than shoving your (mild) RP down peoples throats, its doing it when it suits you.

Neither true RPer or NoN-Rper.

Hehe, long post here too :wink:
Oh and by the way i was being sarcastic!
felldain

Postby Evilducks » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:57 am

Elanos wrote:Everyone wants to be special, some people just massively overdo it.

And some do it purely to annoy others. There are times and places for RP, breaching those just makes you look like a twat.
________
Medical dispensaries
Last edited by Evilducks on Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Evilducks

Postby Elanos » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:02 am

Evilducks wrote:
Elanos wrote:Everyone wants to be special, some people just massively overdo it.

And some do it purely to annoy others. There are times and places for RP, breaching those just makes you look like a twat.

And some don't know how annoying they are.

*waves at Kolo* Hey there. ;D
I'm here to hurt your feelings.
Elanos

Postby kologer0s » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:07 am

*kolo waves back at Elanos*
*kologeros thinks wtf is he on about*
*kologeros clicks "go back one page"*
*kologeros looks for another topic to spam*

Click above Image to link to the greatest place in the world!
kologer0s
Banned

Should be able to

Postby Kalsh » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:22 am

Well i think that someone can RolePlay how they like, its not as if theres something wrong with it, because if you roleplay it means you PLAY a ROLE, so you can have whatever role you want!

(I think i've just made my self very unpopular)
Galobtar wrote:kolo= ass

Kalsh

Re: Should be able to

Postby Evilducks » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:36 am

Kalsh wrote:Well i think that someone can RolePlay how they like, its not as if theres something wrong with it, because if you roleplay it means you PLAY a ROLE, so you can have whatever role you want!

Let dead topics stay dead. :wink:

If you're not sure, check the post date of the last post.
________
Aspen
Last edited by Evilducks on Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Evilducks

Re: Should be able to

Postby Kalsh » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:44 am

Evilducks wrote:
Kalsh wrote:Well i think that someone can RolePlay how they like, its not as if theres something wrong with it, because if you roleplay it means you PLAY a ROLE, so you can have whatever role you want!

Let dead topics stay dead. :wink:

If you're not sure, check the post date of the last post.

Well i'll be damned... i didn't notice the date :P oh well thats probs made me a bit more unpopular..... :lol:
Kalsh

Postby kologer0s » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:14 am

Correction and not flaming for some people to understand O.o You didn't get any less popular cause you never were ^^ In time you will be known,not popular.Popular are people like Evilduck and Keydar :P

Click above Image to link to the greatest place in the world!
kologer0s
Banned

Hehe

Postby Kalsh » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:18 am

Heh well i guess, but that probs didn't make a good first impression :lol:
Kalsh

Postby Melanion » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:57 am

No questions?
Melanion

Postby lib3rator » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:57 pm

no not really
lib3rator